Zygomatic implants in Moscow, Russia, Europe
Zygomatic implants in Europe - from $2500
Lifetime warranty with full personal responsibility of the doctor.
- American specialists
- Quality at an affordable price
- Free computed tomography
- Installment plan
Zygoma zygoma implant surgery with the Zygomatic Implants complex is performed by an American specialist certified in Russia and the USA. Soyfer Vladimir Valerievich with experience working at Nobel Biocare since 1995, officially confirmed by Nobel Brånemark System USA, more than 25 years of clinical experience using Nobel Brånemark System in Russia
What is zygoma zygoma implants?
Zygomatic implants differ from traditional implants in that they are placed in the zygomatic bone, and not in the upper jaw. They can be used when the quality or volume of the bone of the upper jaw is insufficient to install conventional implants. Insufficient bone in the upper jaw can be caused by bone resorption, as well as pneumatization of the maxillary sinus, or a combination of both. The minimum bone height for standard implant placement in the lateral parts of the upper jaw should be about 10 mm to ensure implant survival. With insufficient bone volume, bone grafting and sinus lifting can be performed to increase bone volume.
A bit of history
Zygomatic implants were first introduced into clinical practice in the late 1990s by Dr. Per Ingvar Branemarck, considered the "father of implantology." The success rate of prosthetics on zygomatic implants worldwide is 97-98%. Zygomatic implants are used to restore the dentition in patients with insufficient bone in the lateral parts of the upper jaw, for example, due to aging, tumor resection, and trauma. The zygomatic bone is denser in quality and more cortical in nature than the bone of the upper jaw. Due to the good primary stability achievable in the dense zygomatic bone, and due to the uniform distribution of the load on inclined implants, the prosthesis can often be installed immediately after implantation. Zygomatic implants generally have a length of 30.0 mm to 60.0 mm.
Key points of Zygoma:
- Zygomatic implants are suitable for both the two-stage implantation protocol and the immediate loading protocol.
- Currently, zygomatic implants are most often used in the protocol with immediate loading of the Teeth in One Day.
- The main indication for the installation of zygomatic implants is severe atrophy of the bone of the upper jaw along with a complete absence of teeth, but it is also possible to use them with a partial absence of teeth
- Indications for the installation of zygomatic implants include: inability to perform sinus lift or bone grafting or failure during their implementation, impossibility or failure when using standard implantation protocols, rehabilitation after trauma or tumor resection
Zygoma implant prognosis:
Long-term prospective studies have shown a high success rate in both the traditional two-stage protocol and the immediate-load protocol. The average survival rate is 96% after a 12-year follow-up.
Zygomatic implants in many respects have an advantage over traditional implants. They enable patients to receive restoration of the dentition quickly, without numerous operations and bone grafting. If you dream about implants, but believe that this method is not suitable for you due to severe bone atrophy, we recommend that you consider zygomatic implants.
What types of implantation use the Zygoma method:
Zygomatic implantation is an improved method for non-removable prosthetics for those patients who previously had nothing to shine except removable. What can be placed on zygoma implants?
All-on-4 - complete restoration of the dentition, the prosthesis is based on 4 main fasteners;
All-on-6 - six support screws;
basal implantation - installation of 12 titanium roots, 4 of which are zygomatic, allows one to completely restore the dentition in one day with full adentia.
Service Receipt Process
Consultation with an implant surgeon is free of charge. It lasts about an hour and includes a medical history, studies of indications and contraindications for implantation, the appointment of the necessary tests. The doctor performs photometry - taking photos of the patient in a face and profile, with a smile and without a smile. The photographs determine the effect of tooth loss on facial proportions. Before the operation, patients undergo cone beam or multispiral computed tomography for accurate imaging.
In a special computer program, the doctor plans the entire treatment of the patient: from implantation to prosthetics. A surgical template is created for each patient to accurately fix the prosthesis.
A feature of zygomatic implantation is the creation of a model of the jaw and zygomatic bone from a soft polymer material on a 3D printer. After computer simulation, the implant surgeon conducts a test installation of implant analogues on the model, which eliminates any inaccuracies
Surgical patterns are used during implantation. Implants are implanted into the bone through the guide holes. This allows you to accurately install implants in the bone to control the entire operation process. After the operation, casts are taken to make a temporary fixed prosthesis.
After zygomatic implantation, prosthetics are carried out in 2 stages. First, a temporary fixed prosthesis with a metal base is fixed on the implants. It is indistinguishable from natural teeth and immediately gives the patient the opportunity to chew and smile. Immediate loading is a very important part of zygomatic implantation, since it involves activation of bone cell growth and rapid recovery. A permanent prosthesis is fixed about a year after implantation.
Why should you contact us?
Dr. Vlad Soyfer is a specialist with 25 years of experience in the USA and Russia including Georgetown University Hospital, Hospital of University of Pennsylvania and DC General Hospital. All of our work is provided with a personal guarantee and the personal responsibility of Dr. Soyfer. Warranty is provided for all work, our comprehensive and lifetime warranty for the manufacturer of implant systems and our clinic. All guarantees are documented in the contract and do not have retroactive effect. We stand behind our quality and provide our work with a guarantee for the last 25 years without complaints. Remote results of our work since 1996 are provided at the initial inspection for your inspection. Call, come and see for yourself.
The advantage of zygomatic implants
Bone grafting and sinus lifting is no longer necessary, as the implants are placed at an angle in the deep layers of the zygomatic bone.
The installation of zygomatic implants is possible with severe atrophy of the upper jaw, with periodontal disease, periodontitis, osteomyelitis and other inflammatory processes of the upper jaw.
Since the zygomatic bone has a higher density, processes of atrophy proceed more slowly in it, due to which reliable fixation of implants is achieved under simultaneous loading.
Since there are no inflammatory processes in the zygomatic bone, the risk of implant rejection is minimized.
This is possible due to the lack of contact of the implant with the inflamed gum, and also due to the fact that the zygomatic bone is more “sterile”.
Zygoma zygomatic implants are suitable for those patients who have lost a fragment of the upper jaw or the entire jaw due to trauma or surgery for cancer.
Together with zygomatic implants, it is possible to install several conventional implants in the jaw of a patient. This increases the primary stability of the prosthesis and helps to better redistribute the chewing load.
This was made possible due to the lack of need for bone grafting, sinus lift and the use of an immediate loading protocol.
Zygomatic implants examples
Раздел не найден.
Zygomatic dental implantation is a revolutionary method of restoring the dentition in case of adentia. Thanks to it, it is possible to solve the problem with bone atrophy due to a prolonged absence of teeth or wearing prostheses. Innovative technology involves fixing implants in the zygomatic bone - this is where the name of this method comes from.
The length of implants during zygomatic implantation can reach 6 cm. Long rod models are fixed at an angle in the bones of the cheekbones, without touching the maxillary sinuses and facial nerve, so the risk of paresis is minimized to zero. This method allows you to restore several chewing teeth, and the entire dentition as a whole.
Indications for zygomatic implantation are as follows:
- absolutely or almost completely missing teeth on the upper jaw;
- injured bones of the jaw;
- bone tissue has collapsed;
- the development of periodontitis, periodontal disease and osteoporosis;
- it is impossible to build bone tissue;
- elderly patient;
- it is required to quickly restore the dentition.
- cancer development;
- uncompensated stage diabetes mellitus;
- blood coagulation is broken;
- low immunity;
- inflammation of the nasal and maxillary sinuses;
- the patient's age is up to 18 years (zygomatic implantation is not performed until the end of bone formation).
For a long period of time, Zygoma implants were manufactured only by Nobel Biocare, which owns a patent for this technology. But recently, Zygomatic implants manufactured by Alpha-Bio (Israel) have become increasingly popular.
What implantation complexes are used?
Zygomatic implantation can be called a unique addition to the implantation protocols with instant loading of the prosthesis, which allows new teeth to be obtained without resorting to bone grafting. In what complexes are zygomatic implants found.
1. Chewing teeth on the upper jaw
The principle of the method is to restore 3-4 chewing teeth in the upper jaw. To implement this protocol, you need to use the Zigoma model in the amount of 1-2 pieces and, if necessary, classic implants. Here, depending on the clinical picture, the following options are allowed: installation of one elongated and 1-2 classic, installation of two elongated and one classic implant.
The developer of this protocol was the same Nobel company. The complex for 4 provides for the installation of the original "Nobel" implants, which are installed in the bone as follows: two front ones must be placed strictly parallel to each other, two side ones with an inclination. A similar method allows you to restore all teeth, both on the upper and lower jaw. But at the top, in case of bone tissue atrophy in the lateral departments, specialists today use zygomatic implants: two or even all four units.
The complex at six is a finalized previous protocol. When, with more significant destruction of bone tissue than in the first embodiment, six implants are installed on the jaw, which provide reliable support for the prosthesis and eliminate the risk of breakage and malfunction of the entire structure.
As for the zygomatic implantation, in this complex they are also used in the amount of 2, 4 and even 6 units.
4. Basal implantation
The reason for the appeal to basal implantation is significant atrophy of the jaw tissue. In this case, from 8 to 14 implants are provided for one dentition. On the sides of the jaw they are mounted with an inclination, due to which the surface area in contact with the tissues increases, and the large length guarantees the reliability of fixation of implants. The prosthesis is installed after two to three days, which creates the prerequisites for the necessary physiological load on the jaw tissue. As a result, metabolic processes in the bones are stimulated and regeneration processes are accelerated. But unlike technologies on 4 and 6 implants, completely different models of titanium screws are used during basal implantation - single-component ones.
Advantages and features of zygomatic implantation
Consider the main advantages of the method, which explain its clear leadership in comparison with other dental methods, when it comes to restoring the integrity of the dentition in the upper jaw:
- it is possible to completely restore the dentition of the upper jaw;
- zygomatic implantation does not require sinus lift on the upper jaw. This operation is traumatic, and can lead to damage to the sinuses. The use of zygomatic implantation avoids this procedure. Elongated implants are securely fixed at an angle, and even bone depletion in the lateral areas is not considered an obstacle to the procedure;
- there is an instant restoration of the aesthetics of the smile: the prosthesis on the implants is installed either on the same day with them, or after several days. It has a metal base, artificial gum line, beautiful artificial teeth;
- zygomatic implantation can be performed and damaged teeth can be removed;
- minimum restrictions. Patients with periodontal disease and periodontitis, as well as patients with injuries of the upper jaw, can also use this technique. An exception is inflammation in the maxillary sinuses;
- exact placement of implants: despite the fact that they are installed deep enough, a medical error during their fixation is completely excluded. Indeed, before conducting a zygomatic implantation, the doctor must perform 3D modeling of the entire process on the basis of computed tomography of the patient's jaw and form unique surgical templates through which implantation is performed;
- reducing the risk of developing peri-implantitis, since deep and sterile layers of bone are used during installation, and the implant itself (if it is two-part) does not touch the inflamed gum;
- reliable and durable fastening of implants in bone tissue: when they are installed, the risk of the slightest loosening or loss is eliminated. This advantage of the zygomatic implantation method is preserved even if a significant mechanical impact is exerted on the structure;
- short treatment periods: due to the lack of bone grafting, the quick installation of a fixed prosthesis, a short rehabilitation period, you will not need to go to the doctor often;
- zygomatic implantation can be carried out in conjunction with the installation of classical implants. Together with elongated implants, two to six classical models that support the prosthesis and redistribute the load can also be installed in the patient’s bone.
Nobel Biocare and Alpha-Bio insist on a lifetime warranty on their artificial roots. If zygomatic implantation was performed according to the Branemark protocol, the titanium roots have taken root, and the patient is following medical recommendations, then there will be no problems with them. But a denture requires replacement on average every 10-15 years.